NHSScotland needs talented leaders who can demonstrate our values, help drive excellence in the delivery of services and respond to the needs of the people we care for.
Managers play a key part in our organisation. Whether they are managing hardworking staff, controlling finances or providing equipment, buildings and services, managers are crucial to the delivery of effective healthcare.
Opportunities in NHSScotland are many and varied. For example, you could be a Practice Manager running a GP surgery or a Chief Executive controlling a large hospital with a budget of millions of pounds.
General managers cover a wide range of areas including:
- finance management
- strategic management
- performance and quality management
- service management
- project management
- purchasing and contract management
- communications and corporate affairs
NHSScotland Management Training Scheme
Through our Management Training Scheme, we are looking for ambitious and highly talented candidates with the drive and motivation to succeed. The programme aims to recruit those who have the passion, energy commitment and confidence to become future leaders in NHSScotland.
Current and former national trainees come from a variety of backgrounds. These include university graduates and those with previous experience in other sectors such as construction, hospitality or manufacturing. A place on the scheme is the perfect opportunity for a top-flight career in the NHS in Scotland.
- have a minimum of a 2:2 degree
- have the confidence to work in a political and public spotlight
- be able to act with the highest integrity, commitment and energy
- be able to communicate and collaborate with clinicians, non-clinical professionals, and patients
- have the ability to engage with others in decision making
If you would like to become a future leader in NHSScotland and help improve the health of the population, visit our management training scheme website to learn what our graduate trainees had to say about their experience.