Already working in NHSScotland?
NHSScotland is committed to offering development and learning opportunities for all full-time and part-time employees. No matter where you start, you'll have access to training and be given every opportunity to progress in your chosen career.
There is a wide range of education and training support for both clinical and non-clinical employees. These include learning from:
- DVDs, workbooks, demonstrations or lectures
- colleagues through job rotation or shadowing
- e-learning modules, user manuals and guides
- formal education programmes at college or university, or tutor-led workshops
Learning management systems
NHSScotland Health Boards use learning management systems so employees can access essential learning and other learning resources. Examples include:
- Turas Learn
Contact your local training team for more information.
Turas Learn is NHS Education for Scotland's platform for learning and support resources.
It provides NHSScotland health and social care employees with access to learning and support resources. These resources include programmes, guidelines and other related materials produced by NHSScotland Boards and other organisations, including the Scottish Government.
Find out more on the Turas Learn website.
Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF)
The KSF covers the roles and functions of different staff groups in NHSScotland employed under the Agenda for Change (AfC) terms and conditions. The tool is used to identify the knowledge, skills and learning and development needs of employees and supports the Personal Development Planning & Review (PDP&R) process.
Personal Development Planning & Review (PDP&R)
The NHSScotland Personal Development Planning & Review (PDP&R) is an ongoing process, which will support you in your learning and development.
It encourages you to have regular conversations with your manager and helps to:
- set out the expectations of you in your role, leading to safe and effective patient care
- encourage ideas for improving existing services
- identify opportunities for new learning, gaining new skills or improving on existing ones
- review your contribution to team objectives
The KSF is a very wide framework, as it covers all of the roles and functions of the different staff groups in the NHS in Scotland.
Find out more about PDP&R on the Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF) website.