As a Prosthetic Support Worker, you would work under the supervision of a qualified Prosthetist, using their design and specifications to manufacture prostheses using the most suitable materials. Prosthetic Support Workers are also responsible for maintaining and repairing them. You would be expected to keep up to date with the latest manufacturing techniques and technologies, such as computer-aided design (CAD), and computer-aided modeling (CAM).
Your main tasks would include:
- the manufacture, maintenance and repair prostheses
- making and modifying molds
- supporting and developing manufacturing processes to meet quality standards
- ensuring work areas are maintained and kept clean
- ensuring manufacturing equipment is maintained
- ordering materials and equipment
In a hospital setting, you may work with Doctors, Nurses, Podiatrists, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists as part of a multi-disciplinary team.