In NHSScotland, finance staff work in a diverse range of roles, in our territorial boards, special health boards and public bodies across the country.
Finance staff can be involved in:
- handling invoices and payments to suppliers and partners
- using specialised IT systems to track expenditure and income
- gathering and interpreting the financial data to make management decisions
- providing payroll and expenses to thousands of health and care staff
- preparing annual financial reports and coordinating with HMRC, VAT collection and other authorities
Senior finance staff might be involved in:
- setting and managing budgets
- making decisions on how money is spent
- auditing (tracking and checking) to make sure money has been spent correctly
Typical job roles in NHSScotland include Payroll Assistant, Accounts Clerk or Finance Officer. More senior posts include such roles as Payroll Manager, Business Partner and Financial Accountant.
Finance staff work closely with suppliers, service partners and colleagues in other teams to ensure our services run smoothly and we use our resources wisely. They work in teams to deliver vital support and services, with a focus on professionalism and quality.