Who we are
The NHSScotland Careers website was set up to promote the range and quality of careers and opportunities available in the NHS in Scotland today.
Recruiting and supporting a diverse workforce
Scotland has one of the best health services in the world and the NHS is the largest employer in our country, actively encouraging applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, religion, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Find out more about the Equality Act.
Disability Confident Employer
NHSScotland is a Disability Confident Employer, committed to recruiting, retaining and developing disabled people for their skills, experience and talent.
In addition to this, we support the Guaranteed Interview Scheme for anyone with a recognised disability, whose application meets the minimum criteria, as outlined in the job pack for the post.
Find out more about our application process.
On this website, you'll find:
- detailed information about a range of roles, including a job summary, useful skills and abilities, entry requirements, how the role could lead to other opportunities in the NHS as well as future learning, through continuous personal development
- information about Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) qualifications for people working the NHS
- real-life stories from people working in different roles across NHSScotland
- information for apprentices, including foundation apprenticeships, modern apprenticeships and modern apprenticeship vacancies
- resources for parents, careers advisers and teachers
- links to current advertised vacancies in NHSScotland