There are great opportunities to learn and develop and a wide range of education and training support for both clinical and non-clinical staff. These include
- learning from DVDs, workbooks, demonstrations or lectures
- learning from colleagues through job rotation or shadowing
- learning from e-learning modules, user manuals and guides
- learning from formal education programmes at college or university, or tutor led workshops
Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF)
The KSF covers the roles and functions of different staff groups in NHSScotland employed under the Agenda for Change (AfC) terms and conditions. The tool is used to identify the knowledge, skills and learning and development needs of staff and supports the Personal Development Planning & Review (PDP&R) process.
Personal Development Planning & Review (PDP&R)
The NHSScotland Personal Development Planning & Review (PDP&R) is an ongoing process which will support you in your learning and development.
It encourages regular conversations between you and your manager and helps to
- set out the expectations of you in your role, leading to safe and effective patient care
- encourage ideas for improving existing services
- identify opportunities for new learning, gaining new skills or improving on existing ones
- review your contribution to team objectives
The KSF is a very wide framework as it covers all of the roles and functions of the different staff groups in the NHS
Find out more about PDP&R on the Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF) website.